Category: Sales/service management
Type: Full time
Deadline: 11-Feb-18 00:00:00
- Develop, propose and implement strategies to fulfill current R&D center's mission in a sustainable and profitable way for PMI.
- Direct projects and the activities of team members across multiple disciplines to ensure that the project objectives are achieved on time and within budget and resources available.
- Set up and manage the local organization and operating model with PMI R&D. Furthermore set up and manage an infrastructure that can promote innovation in Armenia (e.g. open labs, incubator spaces, prototyping facility).
- Organize ideathons (creative idea fairs), idea generation workshops, mentorship sessions, conferences, knowledge sharing visits and exchange of research teams to generate new ideas and new ways of thinking that can be translated into game changing business propositions to PMI.
- Support External Affairs scientific and technical engagement activities to promote the Company 's vision and educate key external stakeholders about RRPs.
- Lead, staff and develop a motivated, skilled and optimally resourced team to ensure that performance levels and professional development achieve or exceed business objectives.
- Develop long-term departmental plans and optimize KPI's for department to measure team performance. Direct budget preparation and manage spend vs budget. Report deviations.
- Carry out all of the team's activities ensuring that PMI Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected, integrated and understood by stakeholders.
- Master Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent* - advanced degree is a plus
- 10-15 years of working experience in technical and scientific roles, combined with several years with robust people management experience in fast-moving work environment
- Strong connection and experience with the Armenian academic world is an asset
- Proven capabilities in managing and collaborating with academic partners
- Strong people & project management skills
- Effective communicator with a strong capability to collaborate and influence, action driven, creative and with high entrepreneurial spirit
- Fluency in English and Armenian and/or Russian