Type: Full Time
Deadline: 26-Jan-18 00:00:00
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia, Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of Conservation and development of dual-purpose cattle breeds in Eastern Europe Regional Project and in close collaboration with the Assistant FAO Representative in Armenia, the National Consultant on Animal Genetic Resources is responsible for assisting in implementation of Project activities. The incumbent may travel across the country while fulfilling his/ her responsibilities.
- Implement activities for identification and documentation of population size and locations of selected dual-purpose breeds in the country;
- Assess production environments. Identify management of cattle and socio-cultural practices on the selected farms;
- Contribute to the analysis and documentation of the survey results collected. Collect information on the production environment, supporting institutions, specific products and their demand, and economics of production of the selected breeds;
- Act as a resource person for discussing breeding goals and breeding plans during national consultations. Organize workshops with animal owners and stakeholders involved in breed development to discuss development opportunities for the breeds and the production environment, including needs for information material and training.
- Master's or higher degree in Livestock Production, Animal Husbandry or Veterinary;
- At least 7 years of experience in the relevant field;
- Fluency in Armenian, Russian and English languages.