Category: Other IT/tech
Type: Full time
Deadline: 11-Feb-18 00:00:00
As Senior scientist technology research you will drive scientific projects and develop appropriate strategies to introduce new methodologies, in order to meet business needs; Identify, develop and implement solutions to scientific / technical problems where few precedents exist through the application of scientific skills and knowledge while leveraging on x-functional collaboration.
- Develop and propose business justification, scope and resource requirements to deliver solutions to scientific / technical problems.
- Plan and conduct complex individual research projects from concept to building functional prototypes requiring independent thought and scientific / technical judgment.
- Review the latest scientific / technological developments and identify those that should be researched further. Identify external partners capable to develop perspective scientific / technical solutions.
- Lead scientific development projects requiring external collaborations to deliver needed services and products in-line with timelines and quality levels required for RRP development.
- Provide guidance / training to relevant parties to ensure appropriate scientific / technical expertise is utilized and transferred to meet resource requirements and departmental goals.
- Build-up knowledge in relevant scientific areas and RRP products, devise new approaches to solve problems. Contribute to building Intellectual Property Assets Portfolio.
- Keep abreast of latest scientific / technical developments and ensure all this knowledge is captured and stored as per our knowledge management practice.
- Connect proactively with external technology providers, scouting with an innovative and open mindset for solutions to unsolved problems and watch for new technologies trends in order to push technology led innovation
- Master degree in Mathematics or Physics, or equivalent* with demonstrated experience in interdisciplinary research. PhD is an asset.
- 5-8 year experience in modeling and simulating complex physical and chemical science applied to technology research or product development , ideally in a multinational and cutting-edge environment
- Managerial experience in leading technical teams is an asset.
- Effective communicator with a strong capability to collaborate and influence, action driven, creative
- Fluency in English, Armenian is a plus