Type: Full Time
Deadline: 22-Jan-18 00:00:00
The purpose of this position is to implement portfolios of World Vision South Caucasus Program/ Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation processes, as well as Design, Monitoring and Evaluation-related capacity building of relevant World Vision South Caucasus staff, and contribute to knowledge management processes.
Assessment and Design:
- Assist Program/ Project managers in Program/ Project design process, including needs assessments, establishment of goals and objectives, setting of indicators, development of implementation plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, evaluation and reporting as per the leaning through evaluation with accountability and planning or relevant donor standards;
- Participate in planning for, compilation, and writing of the World Vision South Caucasus national strategy, operational plans, annual report and other periodical program documentation;
- Compile documentation and information necessary to facilitate strategic planning in World Vision South Caucasus;
- Provide support to writing and submission of grants proposals to donors. Keep informed of the non-funded sections of the Program.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to programs and provide detailed monitoring reports;
- Monitor compliance with World Vision International Operations Audit standards during the quarterly monitoring;
- Assist Program/ Project managers in developing Terms of Reference and develop Program/ Project evaluation designs;
- Support National Strategy Evaluation and Landscape assessment for new strategy elaboration;
- Conduct and/ or assist in conducting Program/ Project evaluations;
- Where specified by Terms of Reference, support preparation of evaluation reports for programs/ projects evaluated;
- Undertake other duties related to Design, Monitoring and Evaluation as assigned by South Caucasus Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Coordinator and Strategy Quality and Evidence Director.
Capacity Building and Knowledge Management:
- Provide Design, Monitoring and Evaluation-related capacity building for relevant staff;
- Ensure effective knowledge management within World Vision South Caucasus;
- Support in development of annual (semi-annual) monitoring analysis;
- Support in development of evaluation learning analysis;
- Support Horizon implementation within the National Office.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- University degree/ background in Social Sciences or other related field with a strong Monitoring and Evaluation component; degree in Sociology is preferred;
- At least 3 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven knowledge of and skills for computer software application, including SPSS;
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal methods;
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English language; knowledge of Armenian language;
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in research;
- Thorough understanding of historical, cultural, political and socioeconomic situation in South Caucasus;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and cultural sensitivity;
- Facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement and Agreement with World Vision Christian ethos;
- Readiness to travel domestically and internationally for the minimum of 30% of work time.