Deadline: 05-Mar-18 00:00:00
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is looking for a talented Innovation Analyst, who will be responsible for designing and conducting analyses that respond to the needs in innovation, acceleration, and incubation of science driven startups from idea stage to exit. The position requires quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting skills. The incumbent will have an understanding of hard and soft sciences, higher education, funding and investments, business models, and market drivers. Additional competencies include fluency in a range of technological tools used in assessment and institutional research such as statistical analysis software.
The successful candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment, has excellent oral and written communication skills, is able to lead and implement all projects, is able to collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and has a keen attention to detail, is analytical and can easily recommend actions based upon the gathered data/ facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses are used to assist the Organization in planning and decision making.
The Innovation Analyst will contribute to the development of major growth initiatives, help frame innovation projects and assist in the full cycle of development and implementation of all programs.
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection, and data analyses;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts;
- Conduct extraction-transformation-loading (ETL) of relevant information from multiple large data sets;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize results of all projects;
- Prepare progress reports, dashboards, and business intelligence reports;
- Conduct due diligence research on follow-up on individual startups;
- Evaluate innovation ideas, assess and generate proposals;
- Analyse outcomes and maintain relevant metrics to manage the innovation activity and benefits tracking;
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and technological developments;
- Run documentation of innovation processes, standards and governance.
- Master's degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Sciences; PhD is preferred;
- At least 3 years of recent experience in deep research;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications;
- Ability to perform statistical analysis;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports;
- Knowledge of survey design and research methodology;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrable passion for technology, emerging technology and innovation;
- A self-starter who can be relied upon to complete the assigned activities on time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Armenian, and Russian languages.