Type: Full Time
Deadline: 28-May-18 00:00:00
Lydian Armenia is looking for a Control Room Technician at the Crusher Control Room of Lydian's Amulsar Process Plant. The position reports to the Shift Supervisor. The Control Room Technician performs a critical role in the operation of the process plant, particularly the crushing circuit, overland conveyor and load-out. The role may include control of the ADR as required.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training in the ABB DCS system as well as detailed training about the design and operation of all areas of the Process Plant.
Key requirements include but are not limited to:
- Operate and monitor plant according to instructions;
- Start up and shut down the plant, or sections of the plant, as required;
- Take action on alarms and communicate to field operators as necessary;
- Keep system clear of alarms and report 'false' alarms;
- Assist operators with 'Job Requests' and raise job requests as required;
- Manage lime truck deliveries, and record details according to procedure;
- Assume role of 24hr point of contact for all issues and emergencies in the process plant;
- Complete end of shift report as required;
- Help improve HMI screens and report suggestions and faults to Process Control Engineer.
- Previous experience in the mining or a related industry;
- 2-3 years of previous experience as a Control Room Technician is preferred;
- Experience or knowledge of automation and control systems;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Disciplined, well-organized with good communication skills;
- Computer literacy: Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of Armenian and Russian languages; some English language competency would be viewed as a strong advantage;
- Familiarity with P&ID's.