Category: Other IT/tech
Type: Full time
Deadline: 14-Jun-18 00:00:00
- Support production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
- Responsible for performance tuning and optimization of production, stage, test, and development operations of database back end systems including monitoring, disaster recovery, security, integrity, stability, and scalability
- Advanced troubleshooting including diagnostics and resolution of issues
- Automate day to day management functions
- Communicate issues that arise from day to day management functions
- Design or validate designs of custom database systems
- Responsible for code, script, documentation and other artifact generation of custom database systems
- Mentor and advise on best practices for enterprise data management to the team
- Off hours support including being on call
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related business area is required.
- Experience with databases with high-transaction volume in a fast-paced, globally distributed highly-available (24x7) production environment is required.
- Advanced understanding and development experience with NoSQL Cassandra/Datastax DB is required.
- Hands-on experience in setting up a Cassandra Database in an enterprise, Design and Support data migration on a worldwide multi-datacenter cluster is required.
- Experience with backup & recovery, security, monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster is required.
- Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra, such as the gossip protocol, hinted handoffs, read repairs, Merkle trees is required.
- Strong understanding and experience with JVM tuning.
- Five years’ experience using Linux with scripting or Python is required.
- Ansible experience is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Server Administration, Security Administration, Network Administration and Application Development is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and good communication skills are essential
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and as a member of the production support team
- Must demonstrate leadership skills without requiring positional authority