Deadline: 14-Jun-18 00:00:00
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits and professional development opportunities.
The incumbent will be responsible for gaining deep insight into Workfront users' behaviors and needs through user research and product discovery, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation. He/ she will also be responsible for designing the behavior (interactions) and visual interface of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing product features.
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.) and collaborate/ communicate results to the teams;
- Collaborate on project briefs and write job stories;
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, and design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors;
- Help refine the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for new features/ functionality.
- Use Workfront's set of established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our product suite; when necessary innovate and expand standards to create world-class experiences;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of managers, marketers and engineers to help define business and feature requirements; analyze empirical data, usability findings, market research, and proven UX principles to justify and prioritize these requirements;
- Present design work to teams and managers for review and feedback;
- Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytical data;
- Help create, influence and establish internal UI design pattern standards across different projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/ portfolio experience;
- At least 3 years of work experience;
- Master of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization;
- Customer-focused person, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights;
- Capability of producing high quality results, while simultaneously leading (feedback, mentorship and planning) the delivery for a product or initiative and coordinating with partners where needed;
- Thorough knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, portable, dedicated, web and native solution design;
- Experience with resources such as pattern library, repositories and internal communication tools;
- A collaborative attitude, excellent teamwork skills, and experience of mentoring or coaching others;
- Ability to ideate rapidly and creatively; willingness to discard or revisit ideas that are not working; laser focus on making measurable impact.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, including ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation and participatory design;
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides;
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs;
- Experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management;
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently;
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications;
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and enthusiastic team player;
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.